dltv 228 episode
Run time 18:16Producer pcmagAudio/Visual sound, colorLanguage English
In the Honor of Earth Day...We Bring You Green!!
What's new in Episode 228
• Earth Day is April 22nd, 2008 and we wanted to do something special in honor of said day. So, We bring you our first annual Green Episode. An entire DL.TV episode dedicated to being Green. And no, we are not talking about Kermit the Frog or the Hulk.
• Do you live in a metro area and don't own a car, but might need the use of one on occasion? Check out Zipcar. Zipcar is in several major cities in the U.S. and Canada. We had a chance to with Genevieve Jopanda, General Manager for Zipcar, and she talks about the origin of Zipcar, the benefits of car sharing, car choices and more.
• Robert Heron talks about the best way to lower the power consumption of your home electronics.
• Scott Asnault gives a quick reminder on why you might want to swtich from incandescent bulbs to CFLs. Disposal of those CFLs has always been an issue. Well, if you live by an IKEA store, they will take the CFLs off your hands. Also, take a look at lamprecycle.org for more information on programs to recycle your CLFs.. Also, he has a quick word about recycling those old electronics. Check out Alameda County Computer Resource Center for info on how to have your old electronics repurposed. Check out Ep 147 for the full skinny on switching to CFLs and Ep 174 for all the info you need to properly recycle your old electronics.
• Joel Santo Domingo, Desktop Analyst for PC Magazine, talks about how they certify a green PC and names a couple that have met the criteria. Apple Mac Mini, Zonbu Desktop Mini, Lenovo ThinkCentre a61e and the HP Compaq 2710p.
• And finally, Sam Arbizo showcases some bad electric motor scooters. Justin Gray is the Designer and Sales person as well as rider of these bad electric motor scooters from Electric Motorsport. To see more of their electric vehicle selection go to www.electricmotorsport.com. Justin also mentions his sister store www.thunderstruck-ev.com. The other motor scooter on the show is from Vectrix. Daniel Myggen of the Vectrix sales force was good enough to take the time to show one of the fully electric Vectrix scotters.
• And in the spirit of Earth Day, please turn off all your to electronics or just unplug them all together. That's it for our first annual Green Show. We will be having more green segments in the very near future so stay tuned.
• Loyd Case will be back on the show May 1st. So, if you have a question for the Editor of ExtremeTech.com, Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Ask Loyd' in the subject line.
• We would like to also apologize for taking so long to get the episode up. Not only were we in editing hell, but the rendering was an issue. Please accept our apologies and we hope you enjoy the show.
• Next week: Jason Cross of Extremetech.com will be on the show. Grand Theft Auto 4 Review, the Neuros OSD, Folding@Home Update and More.